Saturday, May 21, 2011

sister



there is no relationship like sister to sister (or i imagine brother to brother). in my family there were 4 girls (born within 5 years) and then 5 years later a boy. the sisters were a unit. we've moved to different coasts of canada - vancouver and newfoundland and 1 in the middle in ontario. yesterday one of my sisters came to visit. her last vist here was 10 years ago. with her husband al who passed away in october. it's been a rough year for her so i wanted this trip to be soft and nurturing. lots of preparation. a restful place to sleep. wholesome food. that's jan digging into the bottled lobster.
i love the energy of sisters. i understand every word she speaks. from our core. last night we found ourselves sitting together on the kitchen floor. the words tumbling out.

3 comments:

bluebird of paradise said...

I hope you have a wonderful visit! Say Hi to Jan for me...

Taos Sunflower said...

I envy you that experience and hope you enjoy every single moment together. XXX

Shammickite said...

I always wanted a sister.