Saturday, October 9, 2010

and of course - the place






i moved to newfoundland from toronto 35 years ago. so for almost my whole adult life, st. john's has been "the city". i love visiting st. john's. it's strong character. "giver" means putting your whole heart into something (something this city seems to do - it's colourful buildings, it's music, it's politics) and i was excited to see this graffiti down an overgrown alley. st. john's is still cleaning up from hurricane igor. the tall trees in bannerman park. autumn is my favourite season in the city (it becomes almost impassable in the winter because of all the snow). the late flowers. the leaves turning. the sparkling sea out the narrows. it's age._

3 comments:

Shammickite said...

Thank you for posting those photos of St Johns.... made my day. If I can't actually be there, looking at your pictures is the next best thing!

Kerry O'Gorman said...

One of these days I'm going to 'Giver' and get out to see this pretty city...

Studio 27 said...

I had to share your pics with my husband who was lucky enough to go to Newfoundland in September for 2 weeks....and he has been saying Giver, by! ever since he got home!