Friday, January 8, 2010

new mexico meet new foundland



i'm going to be attending the spring toronto one of a kind show (march 31st to april 4th). so this winter i'm spinning and knitting spring. spinning lighter plant fibres like bamboo and soysilk. and knitting shawl/scarves with less wool content. the shawl/scarves are a combination of my handspun with other commercial novelty yarns. i've been buying yarn from monte who lives in new mexico and owned taos sunflower yarns with martie in taos until last year when they closed up shop and opened up on etsy. monte knows exactly what i want - i just let her know how much i want to spend and she sends up a surprise package. this one arrived in the mail yesterday. and my house is now full of the light and colour of a new mexico desert. look out toronto!

3 comments:

Taos Sunflower said...

Like Christmas! I saw your posting title and almost flipped..I thought maybe you were coming to New Mexico. Yikes! I wanted you here last night to see the LOVE show with us...I know you would love it. Maybe if you can come visit before it goes away??? Maybe for our 60th birthdays this year???? Bring Robyn, we'll get Monte and the four of us could have lots of fun.

Robyn said...

Oh my! I am completely jealous! it all looks delicious!

Stitching Upstairs said...

What a thrill to see the goodies safe and sound in New Foundland. I'll be watching for completed projects.

I second Martie's motion for a fun time with the four of us.