Saturday, January 2, 2010

kickstart


i turn 60 this year. by the end of the decade i want to still be healthy. of course some of it is out of my hands, but i do know what i can do to help reach that goal. my family suffers from heart disease - my father died at 61 from a heart attack. my mother suffered from conjestive heart failure for the last 15 years of her life. some of it was lifestyle (smoking) but some is genetic. i want to keep my heart strong, my arteries clean. i've been a vegetarian most of my life. but when i slip off the healthy food - it's always towards carbs - bread and butter and cheese. my friend marilee (who shares my battle) discovered this 21 day vegan kickstart program. i'm hoping after 21 days i'll have developed some healthy new habits to get this decade going.

2 comments:

bluebird of paradise said...

Good luck Shawn , so far my diet has been cocoa based ( as in chocolate)

Shammickite said...

Happy New Vegan Year, Shawn!