Friday, October 9, 2009

precious gifts



in canada we are heading into thanksgiving weekend. it's a time to reflect on what we have in ours lives to be thankful for. for me it is first - the family and friends i have in my life. the sharing of love and support and well-wishes. it is being able to support myself doing what i love. it is living in a country that allows me, as an older woman, to feel strong and independent.
today i'm heading off to montreal for a few days. my son and his girlfriend are living there now and this will be my first trip to visit with them. montreal is a vibrant french/english-speaking city. this is going to be an exciting adventure. my son told me to bring good walking shoes because he wants to show me his new city.
my friend barb (who has lived in montreal)gave me maps and lists of places (galleries, shops, restaurants etc.) that she loves. and yesterday brenda gave me one of her beautiful hand-dyed scarves to take so that i will feel elegant. i'm ready.

3 comments:

Julie said...

As a former Montrealer, all I can say is; So much to see and savour and so little time!

Enjoy!

Robyn said...

bon voyage! have a wonderful time - but I know you will...! XOX

Taos Sunflower said...

Hope you have a wonderful visit! I'd so love to visit Montreal. I'll look forward to (hopefully) photographs to tide me over until I can.