Monday, August 11, 2008

i'll capture the sun

these late days of summer, the sun is precious and fleeting. so on these days i'll dye as much as i can (it's so much easier drying the fleece outside than having it dripping into the bathtub). yesterday was coffee grounds and black oak bark and kool-aid. i feel the coloured fleece is soaking in the sun and will hold it as scarves in the dark of winter.
and i spun up the sandlewood/kool-aid organic merino with a little
hand-dyed fibre locks spun in for texture and excitement...

2 comments:

Shammickite said...

The Kool Aid colours are so vivid, I've had a go at that too!

Kelly said...

I've read your blog before and 'found' you through weeballyarns on ravelry. I also noticed your etsy shop too. Great work. Do you have any hints for getting koolaid stains out of your fingernails?? I guess I should wear gloves right?