Sunday, April 6, 2008

taxed

i still have nightmares about being in math class and not having a clue as to what is going on. the "numbers" part of my brain is very weak. so i hate tax time. i approach doing my taxes in a cold sweat. my work is my "small business" so i keep all my receipts - supplies, home expenses, travel etc. to claim against my income. some times my expenses exceed my income, other times i've actually made money. every year i say i'm going to get organized. every year it's the same...





what brightened up my day was an article about art and craft on the west coast of newfoundland (with my mats highlighted) in the montreal gazette yesterday. you can see it by googling shawn o'hagan montreal gazette.

2 comments:

Shammickite said...

Nice article. It portrays your love of rug hooking well.
I've only visited the west coast once, loved Woody Point and the Gros Morne / Bonne Bay area. I'll have to return.
I pssed through Corner Brook, stopped there for lunch but I don't know now where we ate. But I've been in St John's quite a lot... I've seen your work at Devon House. I love browsing in there, such wonderful creations.

Heidi, at London-Wul said...

Hi Shawn,
I just read the article. Fantastic! What a beautiful piece.
Congratulations!